Finance Officer. Chartered Institute. Central London. Full Time Permanent. Up to £26k plus benefits plus Study Support for ACCA or CIMA. Immediate Start preferred but notice periods considered
A stunning opportunity for a hard working, ambitious, enthusiastic and highly numerate candidate who is seeking to further their Finance/Accountancy career. Our client offers a supportive and professional environment for someone to develop and learn. Suitable candidates will have a solid educational background as well as at least a good 18 months previous Finance experience. Candidates will also need a trust worthy and reliable work ethic. On offer is the chance to grow alongside a supported study programme to work towards qualification in either ACCA or CIMA as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Finance Officer will:
- Work closely with the other Finance Officer to support the Director & Supervisor in day to day transaction processing & reporting.
- Work as part of a small but busy team, providing cover and support during periods of training, job rotation, high volume events activity and under any other emergency circumstances.
- Work with colleagues across all areas of the organisation to provide a timely and accurate financial service.
- Report to the Finance Supervisor and work closely together.
Cash & Bank:
- Monitor balance & cash flow for non-group bank accounts.
- Process bank receipts in Sage.
- Raise Sales Invoices.
- Liaise with customers to recover overdue funds and resolve any queries that may arise relating to outstanding debts.
- Allocate payments to relevant accounts, ensuring that all records and statements are maintained.
- Provide Bi-weekly Aged Debtors report to the Finance Director & discuss any potential issues.
- Process purchase ledger invoices and credit notes.
- Process purchase ledger payments.
- Process non purchase ledger payments
- Maintain purchase ledger supplier records.
- Manage aged creditors.
- Liaise with non finance staff on purchase ledger issues.
- Liaise with payroll subcontractor & Director of HR to produce monthly & year end payroll.
- Monitor, print out & reconcile group bank account statements.
- Input of group financial transactions in sage.
- Liaise with group treasurers to obtain supporting documents for all bank transactions.
- Support group treasurers on bank payments & receipts.
- Liaise with group treasurers on the 3rd party Eventbrite booking system.
- Provide NatWest Bankline training to group treasurers as requested.
- Support Finance Manager in production of the quarterly VAT returns.
- Support the Finance Supervisor in production of quarterly VAT return.
Management Accounts & Fixed Assets:
- Process periodic journals for: prepayments, accruals, depreciation, deferred income and internal recharges.
Financial Accounts & Audit:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Provide support and cover for other finance team members during busy periods and leave / absence, as and when necessary.
- Build strong working relationships across the organisation and seek on going improvements in transaction processes.
- Liaise with other Departments as required.
- Other duties as agreed.
Personal skills and experience
The successful will ideally demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a similar environment with relevant experience of accounts work.
- Knowledge and experience of working with a computerised accounts programme and databases (for example Sage, Accounting Office, Integra).
- Numerate with a clear understanding of accounting procedures and a sound knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- An accounting technician qualification or a part qualified accountant qualification or qualified by experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a broad range of internal and external contacts, including members, colleagues and suppliers.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Computer literate with a good practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including, Word, Excel and Outlook, and database experience.
- Proactive, focused and organised in approach, with demonstrable experience of delivery on time and in support of organisational objectives.
- Track record of quickly developing skills and absorbing new information.
- Evidence of commitment to continual learning and best practice approaches.
- Excellent team player with a positive approach to new challenges.
Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00. However, the nature of this job may require flexibility in the hours worked during busy periods.
Group Personal Pension Plan with a 5% employer’s pension contribution, Private Health Care, Permanent Health Insurance, Life Assurance, interest-free season ticket loan, cycle scheme and support for professional development, including courses and qualifications.
Annual leave entitlement
23 days annual leave entitlement in the first 12 months, increasing to 25 after 1 year, 28 days after 2 years and 30 days after 5 years. Plus bank holidays.
Probationary period of six months, followed by annual performance reviews.