Public Affairs and Policy Team Assistant. Professional Body. Central London. Full Time Permanent. Up to £30k plus Benefits.
A stunning opportunity for someone with a background in Public Affairs/Policy or Politics (either educationally or in a job role) to Join the team of a highly respected and influential Professional Body. The role will entail supporting the work of the Public affairs and Policy to deliver a world class service to the members of the organisation.
Key aspects of the role will include
- Written communication and coordination comms activity
- Helping to arrange events
- Assist in the preparation of reports, papers and presentations
- Stakeholder Engagement
Purpose of Job
To provide dedicated support across the Policy and Public Affairs Team.
- Provide coordination and administrative support to Policy and Public Affairs team members
- Support the team to organise internal and external meetings (including team 1:1s) and take minutes when appropriate
- Coordinate the Policy and Public Affairs team’s communication activity
- Provide co-ordination, briefing and organisational support to the organisations external stakeholder engagement programme
- Taking the administrative lead on the consultation response process
- Assist in the preparation of reports, papers and presentations, including assistance with ad hoc policy research
- Support the team to organise meetings, take minutes and organise travel arrangements
- Maintain office systems, including data management and team processes
- Collate content and produce the team’s newsletter to members
- Actively update the Policy and Public Affairs pages of the website
- Assist in the organisation of policy events in liaison with the Events and Policy teams
- Other administrative duties that support the Public Affairs and Policy team to meet its objectives
Head of Policy, Policy Managers (4), Senior Policy Analyst, Media Manager, Public Affairs Executive, PA to the Director of Public Affairs, Head of Research, Communities Managers, CEO’s office, Communications team
The post holder will be expected to take decisions on administrative processes. They will be expected to follow and keep up to date with the organisation’s administrative and facilities procedures, where appropriate.
- Will be required to manage the team’s working methods and processes to forestall problems and to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Will need to engage with policy issues to a level that enables them to understand the basic points being made
- Will act as a first point of contact across the Executive and externally for the Public Affairs and Policy team and directing queries accordingly
The post holder will work closely with colleagues across the team to ensure that:
- reports and consultations are prepared in a timely fashion
- meetings are organised and travel arrangements are made
- minutes are taken and actions are completed
- the team’s messages are appropriately communicated to the membership
Knowledge and Experience
- excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to set up and maintain administrative systems
- strong organisational skills
- ability to quickly get to grips with complex information
- high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion both operationally and personally
- ability to remain calm and competent under pressure
- ability to work as part of a team and independently, depending on the task
Values and Behaviours
The post-holder should be a team player, who values the importance of building positive working relationships with colleagues within the team and across the Executive. They should understand the vital role that our members have in helping us define our approach to policy and take a “can-do” attitude when engaging with our membership community. They should feel confident working across a range of different work-streams and should understand the importance of engaging with individuals at all levels in a professional and respectful manner.
The post-holder will be required to be flexible about working hours. The role is based in London and the job-holder may also be required to attend events in different locations and out of normal office hours from time to time.